Tuesday, April 15, 2008

why we started this thing in the first place...

Well, I feel like we have not really used this blog like we had first intended. I really wanted this to be about what Craig and I are up to personally, so that you could get to know us better, but it seems to just be about recent shoots. So, I wanted to take a little time and tell you all more about us. Craig and I both have "day jobs" at Clemson University. I work in the Graduate Admissions Office, and Craig is the university photographer. This, along with running Sposa Bella takes up the majority of our time. We do plan to eventually leave our full time jobs at Clemson and just run Sposa Bella, but the health insurance and retirement plan with the state are hard to give up. For those of you who know Craig, he is the "worrier" of the relationship, and is nervous about having our sole source of income be unpredictable. This is not how I operate! I always assume that everything will just work itself out and I don't worry too much about the details... which is also why Craig manages all the business details of Sposa Bella! We have been shooting weddings for about 5 years, and have been married for the last two. When Craig and I started dating, he was just getting into photography and I went along with him on shoots. He would give me a camera, put all the settings on auto, and just let me play around. I have come a long way since then, and have really fallen in love with photography. I never considered myself to be a very creative person...I am horrible at most other art forms, but I feel that photography is different. Since we began shooting weddings I see the world differently, and I appreciate the beauty of our surroundings and especially in the people we photograph so much more than I ever did before. Well, that is probably enough for now...this evening I am going to try and post a bridal, wedding, and three engagements we shot lately so I wanted to get this in there first.

Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment